Updated: April 30th, 2020
As winter approaches, it is important to remember that your Golden Retriever can benefit from some added protection against the cold weather. You will need to find the best dog booties for Golden Retrievers soon if you want to avoid frostbite and injuries.
No matter how hardy your Golden Retriever is, his paws have to be protected from snow, ice, snow melting chemicals, and de-icers every time he ventures outside. Furthermore, high-quality doggy boots will also prevent burns during summer, burrs, and cuts and provide better traction.
With so many different dog boots available, finding the right model and fit for a Golden Retriever can seem like an impossible feat, but it doesn’t have to be.
In this article, I’ve rounded the five best dog booties for Golden Retrievers that will keep your best friend’s paws dry and protected in all weather conditions.
Best Dog Booties For Golden Retrievers Reviews
Below, you will find in-depth reviews of the five best dog booties for Golden Retrievers available on the market. I’ve included a list of pros, cons, and key features for each product to help you find the right boots for your pooch.
1. My Busy Dog Water Resistant Reflective Anti-Slip Dog Boots – Best Overall
My Busy Dog Water Resistant Reflective Anti-Slip Dog Boots will protect your dog’s paws in all weather conditions. This means that you can use these booties during cold and hot weather, which makes them ideal for active Golden Retrievers.
- Reflective straps
- Lined interior
Designed to conform to your dog’s natural paw shape, these boots fit snuggly and won’t in any way limit movements.
Best of all, the reflective straps make them easy to put on and, at the same time, they keep your dog more visible in low light conditions.
The lined interior helps maintain the paw’s temperature and the non-slip soles prevent slipping and injuries.
- Protect the paws from all conditions
- Increase visibility
- Tough and durable
- Easy to walk in
- Sizing is a bit off and boots are on the larger side
Overall, the Bark Brite All Weather Reflective Neoprene Dog Boots are the best choice if you are looking for booties that will protect your Golden’s paws all year-round.
2. Kurgo Step & Strobe Dog Boots – Runner Up
The Kurgo Step & Strobe Dog Boots feature a durable and rugged design that can take on any type of terrain and protect your dog’s feet during cold weather conditions. This model comes in several sizes; you just need to measure your dog’s paws to find the perfect fit.
- Lightweight and breathable
- LED lights in soles
- Set of four boots
Made from breathable tight wave mesh and rubberized synthetic leather uppers and outsoles, these boots are bound to last. The adjustable straps and zip-cord lock ensure a snug fit and prevent the boots from slipping off during activities.
- 360-degree reflective strap increases visibility
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Can be used in all weather conditions
- Easy to put on
- The LED lights can stop working
Overall, the Kurgo Step & Strobe Dog Boots are a good option if you are looking for a way to protect your dog’s paw during all seasons.
3. Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots – Best Budget
The Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots will keep your Goldie’s paws protected during winter and summer without breaking the bank. Coming as a set of four boots, they are also suitable for older dogs with hip problems since they are skid resistant.
- Dual straps
- Flexible soles
Made from water-resistant nylon, these booties will keep your dog’s paws dry even if he runs through puddles or snow. The toe and sole are coated in durable and flexible thermoplastic that creates traction on all surfaces.
- Protect paws and ankles
- Easy to put on and take off
- Comfortable and snug fit
- Support free movement
- A bit on the short side and can fill up with snow
Overall, the Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots will keep your dog’s paws protected from harsh conditions at an affordable price.
4. Ultra Paws Rugged Dog Boots – Best For All Weather Conditions
The Ultra Paws Rugged Dog Boots are designed to stay on and to keep your dog’s paws protected in all weather conditions. This model is easy to put on and can be great for training your Golden Retriever to get used to wearing booties.
- Side seams expand
- Skid-resistant sole
This model is made from durable nylon material and the soles are coated in a recycled tire material that makes them tough and durable. The two fastener straps ensure that the boots stay on and prevent your dog from losing them while playing.
- Comfortable and flexible
- Easy to put on
- Lightweight and easy to wear
- Material is too rigid
Overall, the Ultra Paws Rugged Dog Boots are a sound investment if you are looking for durable and well-made dog boots.
5. My Busy Dog Anti Slip Dog Boots – Best Water Resistant Dog Boots
My Busy Dog Anti Slip Dog Boots are perfect for any season and will save you from cleaning muddy paw prints and wet puddles from floors and furniture. This model is available in many different sizes and comes as a set of four boots.
- Anti-slip sole
- Reflective fastener straps
Designed to protect paws and floors, these anti-slip boots can help older dogs maintain traction and move more easily. The durable double-stitched fabric construction ensures a comfortable fit, and the straps make the boots easy to put on and take off.
- Come in several sizes and various colors
- Durable and rugged
- Work for all weather conditions
- Make a dog visible in low light
- The sole can be too stiff for some dogs
Overall, the My Busy Dog Anti Slip Dog Boots are an excellent choice if you want to keep your Goldie’s paws dry and your floors clean.
How To Choose The Best Boots For A Golden Retriever
It may not seem like it, but there are many kinds of dog boots available on the market and finding the best for your Golden Retriever can prove difficult.
Here are some things to consider:
- The material of the sole needs to be textured and provide good traction
- Look for flexible soles that support natural movement
- Check if the boots are made from waterproof or water-resistant material
- Look for models with adjustable straps
- Measure your dog’s paw and double-check the manufacturer’s size guidelines for the perfect fit
When Does Your Golden Retriever Needs Dog Boots?
Your Golden Retriever should wear boots if you think that his paws can benefit from extra protection and traction.
If you don’t feel that your dog needs the extra protection, the following can change your mind.
- In Summer: Goldens can injure and burn their paws when walking on the hot pavement without boots.
- In Winter: Standing in snow for an extended period of time can cause frostbite and numbness. Furthermore, snow-melting agents and chemicals can damage and injure your dog’s paws.
- On Hikes: Wearing boots on hikes can protect your Golden’s paws from rough terrains, thorns, sharp rocks, and burrs.
- On Slippery Floors: Older dogs with joint pain aren’t always stable on their feet. But wearing booties can help your dog with traction and improve his mobility.
Although your Golden Retriever has sturdier feet than you, there are times when his paw pads need extra protection. Dog boots are more than a fashion statement; they provide necessary protection from the elements and increase traction.
While any of the models reviewed above is a good option, the Bark Brite All Weather Reflective Neoprene Dog Boots are the best dog boots for Golden Retrievers.
However, if you are on a tight budget, you may find that the Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots tick all of your boxes. And if you are interested in something in between, then look no further than the Kurgo Step & Strobe Dog Boots.
In the end, whichever you choose, you can rest assured that your pooch won’t get cold feet any time soon!